If there’s any traditional hunting rifle, then it’s the Remington 700. Every avid hunter knows that, right? The firearm is also used for law enforcement and military applications. So it comes as a huge disappointment when we say that finding the best scope for Remington 700 is not an easy task.
There are many factors that you need to take into consideration. And that’s what our team of researchers has done.
We’ve examined over 20-25 scopes to select the best ones from them. These are both the high-end units as well as the more affordable options. The thing about our list is that it is as diverse and practical as the traditional American rifle itself.
So let’s begin!
Quick Comparison: Top Best 3 Scopes for a Remington 700
Love the BDC Reticle for longer-range shooting and it has a lifetime warranty.
Super durability and amazing clarity even past 200 yards.
Rated a bit lower because it's pricey, but deadly accurate and the best hold I've seen in a scope.
The Best Scope for Remington 700The 700 can be an incredibly reliable rifle for hunting. It has the ability to withstand harsh conditions and still perform flawlessly. It is considered to be an accurate rifle but only when it’s paired with the best scope.
1. BESTEK 3-9x40mm Rifle Scope Optics Handgun Scope – The Best Affordable Scope for Remington 700
- The device is light in weight, hence easy handling.
- It has the ability to hold zero perfectly.
We Don’t Like
- The reticle is susceptible to complete 90-degree rotation.
2. Nikon Prostaff 3-9×40 Riflescope – The Best Cost-Effective Scope for Remington 700 (Our Top Choice)The reason why we’ve selected this one as our cost-effective and not the affordable option is because it offers a well-balanced combination.The Nikon Prostaff 3-9×40 Riflescope is a reasonably priced model that provides a whole lot of excellent features. These include a sufficient aperture, plenty magnification range, and robust design.The scope gives you the opportunity to pound quarters at a distance of 100 yards all day. You don’t even need to adjust the device after sighting it in initially. Also, once the screws are in the Loctite mode, there’s nothing to worry about.Apart from that, the clicks and reticle are exceptionally reliable and helpful when on the field. But the part that’s slightly disappointing is the fact that the scope does not zero without difficulty.
- Eye relief and light retention are excellent.
- It consists of precise, plainly marked controls.
We Don’t Like
- Optics may be nice, but they can’t be zeroed easily.
Nikon Training Series – PROSTAFF Rimfire Riflescopes
3. Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn Multi-X Reticle Adjustable Objective Riflescope – The Best Scope for Remington 700 in Low Light ConditionsAs the name suggests, the Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn Multi-X Reticle Adjustable Objective Riflescope is ideal for late evenings and early mornings. It comes with multicoated DDB (Dusk & Dawn Brightness) lenses. These are responsible for delivering brightness and clarity even when there’s insufficient natural light.The device’s Multi-X reticle offers fine fingertip windage as well as elevation adjustments. The 12-inch long eyepiece does an excellent job at providing fast focus. The best part about the scope is that it has a single piece tube-shaped design. This means easy handling with accessible features.The only drawback is the extra-long length of the scope. Not many best options on the market are as long as the Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn Multi-X Reticle Adjustable Objective Riflescope.
- On maximum power settings, the scope provides a crystal clear view.
- It holds zero even after several rounds.
We Don’t Like
- The scope is bulky.
Yes, That’s Covered
4. Vortex Viper HS-T 4-16×44 VMR-1 Riflescope – The Best Versatile Scope for Remington 700If there’s any scope created for diverse hunting applications, then it’s the Vortex Viper HS-T 4-16×44 VMR-1 Riflescope. It offers power magnification, which means you can zoom to 16x. This particular feature makes the unit suitable for long range activities.On top of that, there’s high-quality image as well as excellent optic capability. They are responsible for delivering high performance. With good eye relief, you also get a more comfortable experience. And we all know how important comfort is when it comes to hunting, don’t we?But if we were to pick a flaw, then it would be the massive turrets. They make your gun seem larger than it actually is.
- Constructed of tough, high-grade aluminum.
- Consists of advanced elevation and windage adjustments.
We Don’t Like
- The turrets are not as low profile as they should be for hunting purposes.
Vortex Viper HS-T Riflescope
5. Leupold VX-1 3-9×40 Waterproof Riflescope – The Best Waterproof Scope for Remington 700The rugged design of the Leupold VX-1 3-9×40 Waterproof Riflescope is what makes it so dependable. It comes with nitrogen purging, which is considered to be an excellent addition. The standard magnification does a great job at making the experience easy and comfortable.You will also love how convenient it is to adjust the elevation and windage screws. Thanks to the adjustable finger design. These screws with a stable structure hold well without posing any problems.On top of that, the duplex reticle and bright, crystal clear picture hand out excellent value for money. But it’s the small eye relief that tends to mess with the whole experience.
- Every adjustment offers extremely predictable changes.
- It provides bright, clear sight picture even under low light conditions.
We Don’t Like
- The eye relief is not generous, hence comfort gets compromised.
6. Burris 200116 Eliminator 4-16 x 50 x 96 Scope – The Best Scope for Remington 700 in Terms of TechnologyThere’s nothing more advanced than the Burris 200116 Eliminator 4-16 x 50 x 96 Scope. It has a lightweight yet sleek design. And the best part about the scope is that it’s an ideal choice for action, ranging as well as striking targets from over a distance of 1,200 yards.The device has a top quality material construction. So there’s no need to worry about durability. It offers stable and low mounting, which is perfect for hunting applications. The parallax adjustments range from 50 yards to infinity.And on top of that, the unit calculates the proper trajectory compensation. This gives you an exact range to work with.When it comes to precision and accuracy, the Burris 200116 Eliminator Scope does an excellent job at pushing the limits. But it’s only the lack of high-quality glass that you might not like.
- The scope is easy to program.
- It has the ability to range distance accurately so you can target better.
We Don’t Like
- Not suitable for tactical purposes due to poor glass quality.
7. Nikon Buck Master II Scope with BDC Reticle – The Bonus PickNikon offers yet another scope for Remington 700. The Nikon Buck Master II Scope comes with an optical system that’s completely multicoated. It consists of power magnification as large as 12x. The device has the capacity to make every shot seem like a comfortable experience.You will be quite impressed with the optical system of the scope. It can transmit almost all of the available natural light. This is useful when using the scope under low light or low contrast conditions.The zero reset-equipped turret is also pretty remarkable. All you need to do is lift the spring installed adjustment knob, then rotate it to zero before you re-engage. The main problem arises when the device can’t hold zero. But this seems to be a primary concern with most scopes on the market. So it’s not really a deal-breaker, is it?
- The BDC reticle’s ballistic circles are perfect for both long and short range shooting.
- It has a rugged, waterproof aluminum construction.
We Don’t Like
- It doesn’t have the ability to hold zero all that well.
Nikon Training Series – Buckmasters II Riflescope
The Ultimate Guide to the Best Scope for Remington 700You should know that the Remington 700 is a rifle not built with iron sights. So it requires you to use a sighting device. And the thing about this standard rifle is that it has different calibers for different purposes.So a scope suitable for the Remington 700 243 will not work with the 6.5 Creedmore model. Because the former is manufactured for hunting while the latter for long distance competitions.So keeping this in mind, we’ve put together a comprehensive guide. Here, you’ll know what factors to take into consideration when buying a scope for hunting, tactical uses, and precision competitions.
The Best Hunting Scope for Remington 700
Rough ConditionsAs far as purchasing a hunting scope for Remington 700 is concerned, you need something that can survive the harshest conditions. This includes using the scope in foggy climates.So an excellent fog-proof capability might go a long way. But this should come in the form of interior fog purging, not fog-proof lenses. So it’s better to select a scope equipped with either nitrogen or argon purging.Another valuable feature is rain guard quality lenses. This prevents them from getting damaged in rain or heavy dew. A phenomenal shockproof capacity can also protect the device in the most efficient manner.
MagnificationLong distance hunting requires you to shoot from not more than 300 yards. But long distance shooting can have you aim at a target from as far as 900 yards. So there’s a significant difference between the two. This means you don’t need over-magnification.A scope with three to nine or four to twelve power optics is optimal for hunting purposes.
The standard duplex reticle works well for a distance of 300 yards. The mil and moa dot versions are also suitable for hunting applications. What you should not be using is illuminated reticles unless they’re glass etched.
The Best Tactical Scope for Remington 700
First Focal PlaneFirst focal plane is the optimal location of a tactical scope’s reticle. With the increase and decrease of magnification, the size of the reticle does change. But the reticle remains the same. This means that the elevation and windage measurements also stay the same.So as a tactical shooter, you can zoom in and fire shots at all ranges and magnification.
ReticlesIn this case, your two best reticle options would be either a moa or mil dot. But you should know that the reticle has to pair up well with the turrets. The moa and mil dots are suitable because they offer easy usability with any given caliber. Plus, they offer the same quality at all ranges.These types of reticles give you the opportunity to work with inches when it comes to adjustment. And this particular characteristic makes them ideal for tactical shooters.
What these do is enable you to set a specific windage and range. The thing about a Remington 700 is that you can dope it for clear-cut ranges. So in such a scenario, you can use the tactical turrets to adjust the rifle without moving your entire body.
The Best Precision Scope for Remington 700
Clear, Multicoated GlassWhen it comes to choosing the scope for Remington 700, clarity is important. Especially when we’re talking about precision competition scopes. Clear lenses and superior quality glass are essential.When lenses are multicoated, they can transmit light as well as reduce glare in the most efficient manner. The latter is useful when you want to look through the optic for a long time at a far away, small target.
Objective Lens SizeWhen using this competition rifle, a large objective lens can prove to be heavy. So anything between 40 to 50mms should make the cut. With such a size, you get the opportunity to mount your optic low. And this gives you more precision along with reduced torque.
ReticlesFor precision scopes, reticles such as hash marks, moa dot, and mil dot are more suitable. But they should match the turrets. Also, these reticles should have a refined quality with both half and full marks.
Depending on what’s handier, you can select either tool adjustable turrets or fingertip turrets. When making adjustments, they can be as small as one-eighth of a mil or moa but not above one-fourth adjustments. The thing about these target turret measurements is that they offer the much-needed precision for the activity.
The Final Note
A rifle as precise as the Remington 700 needs an equally precise scope, doesn’t it? And the truth is that we all want to get our hands on the best scope for Remington 700 manufactured by Nikon or even Bushnell. But we’d stick with the former. We’re talking about the Nikon Prostaff 3-9×40 Riflescope.The Nikon Prostaff 3-9×40 Riflescope has a solid aluminum construction. It is O-ring secured and nitrogen filled for better protection. On top of that, the scope is also fog-proof and waterproof.It consists of 9x power magnification with an entirely multicoated optical mechanism. The excellent optical system can transmit as much as 98% of the available natural light. This means better performance even under low light.
The turret has a zero-reset setting along with a spring-equipped adjustment knob. There’s also a generous eye relief, fine BDC reticle, and an eyepiece built to offer fast focus.So now you know why this best affordable scope for Remington 700 is such a popular pick.
You might also like: